Saturday, March 5, 2016

First impressions of the LG G5: Light metal body, unique modular design, wide-angle capture.

As part of a special T-Mobile LG G5 preview program, Matthew Miller was sent a pre-production LG G5 to try. It's a compelling phone in its own right, but one wonders what the plans are for future modules.


Last year as part of a special T-Mobile preview program, I was given a pre-production LG G4 to test out. Once again, T-Mobile and LG kicked off a preview program with the LG G5.

The LG G5 arrived yesterday, along with a 60-day prepaid T-Mobile SIM so I can continue my Microsoft March madness test with my primary SIM still in the Lumia 950 XL. I've now spent just about 24 hours with the LG G5 and have a few first impressions to offer.

I also want to know what you want me to test out so if there is something you want to know about the LG G5, please post a comment and I will remain actively engaged with readers to this post. I may also include some of the questions and answers in my full review after I receive a production unit from LG, AT&T, T-Mobile, or another source.

HARDWARE
The LG G5 that I was sent is a pre-production device so I won't give any final statements or conclusions about the fit and finish. I can share some impressions though, as listed below:

## It's much lighter than I anticipated, 159 grams. The LG G4 is 152 grams and the LG V10 is 192 grams.
## The rear power button and fingerprint scanner is vastly improved over the LG G4 and LG V10.
## There is still an IR port on top, one of the few remaining devices with this capability.
## The volume button has been moved from the back to the left side.
## The removable bottom has a better fit and finish than I anticipated.
## The microSD card and SIM card are contained in one side tray.
## The headphone jack is on top.
## The battery is part of the bottom so it seems that extra batteries will include a full bottom piece. I haven't tried removing the battery from the bottom and will find out if it is removable.
## The top of the 5.3 inch display glass curves down towards the back. It's a cool effect, but also makes me wonder about the ability to survive a drop with the glass extending so far up.

Source From - HSBLCO Solution

0 comments:

Post a Comment